I'm Chris Dary, a Product-Focused Engineering Leader and Dad who Likes Sci-Fi, web communities, reading, the open web, space, education, and indie gaming.
I'm interested in ideas and technology as tools for change, particularly on the web, and I like to lead others in being happy and productive in their engineering work.
I keep my hands in all sorts of web technology and enjoy product focused leadership. I'm a technical generalist and enjoy all aspects of the stack. I'm a pragmatist: I've used a number of technologies to get things done, but they're primarily means to great products.
I'm interested in things like software architecture, product & business strategy, design, team dynamics, scaling, accessibility, UX, web standards, typography, community building, and helping people.
I want to make the world a better place. I try to be honest in all things.
I'm currently the CEO and Cofounder of Limbo. Previously I was an Engineering Director at reddit, where I led the web group, a set of five teams focused on reddit.com on the product side, both desktop and mobile web.
Prior to reddit, I've worked at Etsy as Engineering Manager for Seller Economics and API Lead, was CTO of Readability and a partner and technical lead at now-acquired consulting firm Arc90.
- Limbo - Anonymously find your next ideal role
- Intranaut - chrome/firefox extension to make navigating company resources easier
- Readability - Easy Reading
- Kindling (acquired) - Idea Collaboration Software
- Serendipity - reddit bot to broaden horizons
- GifVine & GifInstagram - Now-defunct project to turn vines/instagrams to gifs